Friday, July 13, 2012

Well isn't this awkward!





Well isn't this embarrassing?

So where to begin... Okay, I got 4 days back in payment to Sendspace and they apparently deleted some stuff.

I mean what the fuck is up with that? I go two months without paying Sprint and they don't cancel my cellphone service, but you miss a few small days with Sendspace and they're all DELETE! DELETE!

Totally my bad! And I know I owe you guys a few somethings somethings:

VH-1s Top 100 Hip-Hop Songs
Obsession, Lust and Betrayal vol. 3
Mike Nesmith - Carlislye Wheeling
Davy Jones - Davy!
Fleetwood Mac - Then Play On (disc 1)

So I'm driving down to LA tomorrow to see The Association in concert, hit Sunset and cruise back up on Sunday. I will get the billing squared away and re-up all the lost content on Monday. And that's a Crystal Sphere promise.

You have to realize the life of a blog operator. I do what I can to keep this site updated. Most of the time I expect very little in the way of feedback-- this is okay. I put the stuff out there in the hopes that anyone would actually want to check it out.

But the curious part is that, due to lack of response, I don't think anyone's even checking it out-- until the stuff goes offline. Then I hear about it!

I guess what I'm saying is: if you enjoy what we're doing here, feel absolutelyfuckinfree to post a comment. Supportive, critical... it doesn't matter. I just need to know someone cares. Or else, as you can imagine, I'll find other things to do with my time and let this place slip into the cyber gutter.

Oh, I've got something real nice for you guys lined up. Something new and unbooted and very very groovy.. You might even say a little Byrd told me about it.

I'm happy to hook you guys up, but do me a favor and let me know. Are the Chillout CDs doing it for you? Is this the type of stuff you'd like to see here, or would you be happier with all classic rock, all the time?

Retardedly Yours,

JP

22 comments:

  1. Actually you guys must be trippin' because neither of those Monkees CDs were ever deleted.

    Mike/ Area Code 615
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/as9mmt

    Davy:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/m89nvs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanking you for the Michael and Davy "re-ups." Whether or not they were actually deleted, SS most definitely was showing them as not there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fathermosh... Hopefully you were able to download them okay?

      Delete
  3. Hi J

    Chillout CDs doing it for me definitely. Also love the Classic Rock. Just carrying on with what you do. I love what you put up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! Thank you for the feedback. Volumes 4 and 5 forthcoming!

      Delete
  4. I enjoy seeing where your mood takes you ... whether it's chillout stuff, Monkees, Wings or whatever else.

    Variety being the spice of life and all, you just keep on living.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right on, I said it before but thank you so much for your support! It means a lot.

      Delete
  5. Hello,
    I just wanted to thank you for all this wonderful stuff.
    BTW, I live in Oakland too (but close to San Leandro).
    I'd say you're somewhere in Rockridge (just my guess...).
    Andrew
    P.S. I'm anxiously (well... somehow) waiting for Fleetwood Mac Vol 1.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew... I'm *in* San Leandro. Send me an email if you like. jason.penick@hotmail.com

      Delete
  6. Chillout rules my world. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris! More will be forthcoming shortly.

      Delete
  7. Love the chillout discs. And would really appreciate a re-up of the top 100 hip hop songs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just recently happened across your blog and reading your rants is great fun! Love your sense of humor! I'm mostly enjoying the tunes, too, but they never fail to widen my view. Thanks for raising my spirits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem whatsoever; thanks for coming by!

      Delete
  9. Jason,
    will you have time (whenever you can, obviously) to re-up Fleetwood Mac vol.1, please?
    I'm "stuck" with vol. 2&3 downloaded and cannot extract the files because Winrar asks for vol.1...
    Thanks in advance and kind regards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Certainly... Sorry, I've got the whole thing re-upped. I just need to stop being lazy and re-post the links. Sorry for the delay friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy your blog. A fun place to check in. Love your sunshine pop posts.'

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  12. Much as I love the classic rock n' roll you put up here, Jason, especially all the Monkees and related stuff, the Chillouts have hit me as an unexpected pleasure. Today's sort of our end of summer -- packing up the kid to move him back to school, always a rough time -- so the chill out is definitely called for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I love posts like the one you just wrote. This is my motivation for keeping this site going-- just sharing music and having the opportunity to discuss it with fans such as yourself. Thank you!

      Delete
  13. Huzzah! Fleetwood Mac Then Play On has now been re-upped!

    One caveat however: I used a different program to zip the files, so you may have to download all four. Sorry for any inconvenience folks.

    I hope to have the VH1 hip hop collection up shortly as well. Just have to find what I did with the files.

    ReplyDelete