Saturday, August 15, 2015

Thank You

Hey there, folks. To any and all of you who still might be visiting, I wish to say thank you for the years of support you've offered that made Through a Vast Crystal Sphere such a success. I never imagined that when I started this humble offering back in 2007 that I would amass over 200,000 visitors and make several new friends in the process. This site is quite possibly the most successful online endeavor I've ever undertaken, and it wouldn't have been possible without you all.

Sadly, life has taken me in a different direction, and as you probably have guessed, there is no time left to tend to the housekeeping that this blog demands. While it may seem to run itself for the most part, there was actually quite a bit of work that went into writing the various essays and keeping the links functioning (a battle I lost as often as not).

So while it's doubtful I'll be posting much here, if at all, for the foreseeable future, I wanted to mention to you all that the entire Crystal Sphere catalog is currently available to anyone interested via SoulSeek.

To access my folder, simply download the SoulSeekQT Client HERE. Once you've got it installed, just type in the release you're looking for, or just add my user name jpinnacle under Users. From there you should be able to scan my entire music folder. I generally leave my music server online 24/7.

If you have any questions or just want to chat, hit me up over on SoulSeek via the Chat screen. If I'm not online at the time, just leave me a message and I'll respond back.

In closing, I just wanted to say that it's been a really great ride. The music blog scene was incredible for a few years, but time, and technology, marches on. In lieu of any further words, I leave you with my final, finished version of Smile. Hopefully the music can convey the warm sense of appreciation I have for all of you.

Much Love,

JP


3 comments:

  1. I know how it goes when you can't seem to find enough time to do all the things you love to do... Thanks for all the interesting postings... Your LA Gemstones, UNi Records Story, and Smile mixes are several of your projects that I know I'll continue to enjoy for many years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the great discoveries I made because of your great curatorial skills.
    I hope you'll not give up posting, if you still enjoy it.
    And thanks for the pointer to soulseek. I've never heard of it until now. The link doesn't work, but this one does, at the moment. http://www.soulseekqt.net/news/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you're departing the music blogosphere, but thanks for some truly inspired comps!

    ReplyDelete